Reporting to the Senior Director Asset Management, the Senior Director, Property Management, Central Toronto Office Region will provide vision and support to senior management of the region, ensuring best-in-class practices are adopted and promote a service excellence culture throughout the organization.
The primary objective of this position is to manage the profitability and daily operations of the Company’s office portfolio in downtown Toronto. The role will also align with a national focus on the development of a climate change plan that will assist in providing direction on building operations.
The Senior Director, Property Management, Central Office Region has full responsibility within the regional property management and asset management structure, for decisions and actions that have the potential to significantly affect financial results. He/she also has full responsibility and accountability for employee management, planning, organizing, directing and controlling property management functions within this region.
If this is your new role, you will:
• Work in conjunction with Asset Management to establish the overall direction of property management services for the portfolio on a regional basis; focusing on long range planning, service benchmarking, profitability as well as a focus on energy management and sustainability
• Ensure leading-edge policies and procedures are in place for all aspects of property management operations including tenant relations, building operations, construction services, security/life safety, environmental compliance, purchase due diligence, etc.
• Work in conjunction with various groups and partners to provide property management reports and related property information in a professional manner and timely basis
• Ensure that new programs, policies or procedures are initiated in support of GWLRA’s “Best of Class” commitment to tenants and national standards
• Develop, negotiate and manage regional service contracts.
• Develop and implement long-term strategy on staff development, recognition and succession planning
• Set goals and objectives at the beginning of each fiscal year which will be used in part for annual performance reviews.
• Establish and maintain an excellent climate of working relations with tenants, staff, clients and all levels of GWLRA management, consistent with encouraging improved services and performance.
• Keep senior management well informed on all matters relating to property management and national initiative activities
• Ensure that all company policies and standards are observed.
We are interested in meeting you if you:
• Are a strategic thinker and self-starter who continually looks for new ways to improve property management services, add value and reduce operating expenses and energy consumption
• Have a proven record of participating in acquisitions, dispositions, development and renovation of new and existing properties
• A proven leader who provides direction, motivation and development for all staff
• Have championed your portfolio to be regarded as a leader in your industry and region; using core values and a positive culture to foster excellent relationships
• Are an innovative, approachable leader with excellent communication and listening skills
During our meeting, we will ask you to tell us about your:
• Relevant post secondary education (e.g. business specialization, CMA, RPA, CPM or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience)
• 10 to 15 years experience with the last 5 in a leadership capacity
• Property management knowledge (including, but not limited to, building operations, customer service, security and life safety, occupational health and safety, building code and construction regulations).
• Experience with the re-development of a property
• Business management and negotiating skills
• Knowledge of information systems/accounting; computer proficiency
• Communication/people management skills
• Good understanding of current and emerging technology relating to property management
• Exposure to operating a significant property management portfolio
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills