Reporting to the Senior Director, Asset Management, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Asset Management Analyst in our Mississauga location working with our Retail and Industrial Asset Management team.
The successful candidate will provide in-depth and thoughtful analysis related to asset valuation, analysis of lease transactions, capital spending, third-party appraisals, development, acquisitions, dispositions, and ad hoc analysis as it arises.
If this is your new career, you will:
• Apply your highly developed skills in financial analysis including: building and maintaining cash flow and valuation models utilizing a discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis approach; net-present value (NPV) analysis; cash-flow modeling utilizing appropriate assumptions and critical thinking; other financial tools applicable to completing asset valuations, lease analysis, capital rationale, etc.
• Form an integral part of the asset management team as it spearheads the preparation of annual budgets, interim forecasts, and business plans, in collaboration with various internal groups
• Play an integral part of the annual appraisal process; including liaising with the external appraiser, providing pertinent information, reviewing the draft appraisal and corresponding valuation models, and presenting the final report to senior asset management staff and portfolio management teams
• Work closely with the property management and development teams to ensure accurate tracking and reporting of large scale capital expenditure programs
• Prepare analysis and reports for use in internal Lease Review Committee and/or Investment Committee processes
• Provide support to the asset management team on special projects as needed
• Keep current with market trends, prepare market reports and research papers for internal use
• Play an integral role in preparing presentations to external clients; including mid-year review presentations and budget presentations
We want to hear from you if you:
• Have an undergraduate university degree in a related discipline but Business / Commerce will be considered preferable
• Are pursuing or have relevant post graduate degree (MBA, CFA, etc.)
• Have of two years of relevant experience; preferably with knowledge of financial and real estate market
• Have technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Argus software (experience with DYNA software is beneficial)
During your interview, we’ll want to hear about your:
• Experience in financial analysis, market analysis, and formal recommendations to be presented in a clear and concise manner
• Superior written, oral communication and organizational skills
• Highly developed analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to work with internal and external contacts at all levels and provide them with guidance, instruction and technical advice
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines, work independently and in a team environment in a fast paced environment
• Strong work ethic