This is a great opportunity for a seasoned senior administrator looking to take the next step in his or her career by supporting a dynamic team!
This position provides administrative support with a high degree of accuracy, professionalism, discretion and judgment.
Reporting to the Vice President in the Toronto head office, the incumbent will support a team that includes: Human Resources, Sustainability and Marketing. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a keen eye for detail, is a self-starter and has a great service-oriented attitude.
If this is your new career, you will be responsible for:
General Administration: Prepares VP for all internal/external meetings, including research and documentation and presentation preparation; attend meetings as needed to assist with minutes and action items for follow up. Works closely with assigned VP to ensure that all projects are up-to-date; acts as communication conduit for VP with internal and external parties. Consistently exercises discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; photocopies, scans, answers phone and greets visitors at reception; processes invoices/expense reports in a timely manner and in accordance with accounting policies.
Calendar management and meeting logistics: coordinates daily calendar, appointments, boardroom bookings, off-site and on-site meetings, conference calls, social engagements, travel arrangements, catering, IT resources and other requirements in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation; obtains briefing materials for meetings and events from the appropriate sources.
Organization and file management: establishes and maintains both electronic and hard copy filing systems; supports the team’s filing and organizational needs.
Relationship management: acts as key liaison for the Vice President with internal and external professionals/employees, develops and maintains relationships with peer business executive administrative professionals, and others.
Human Resources processes: takes a leadership role in managing the new hire paperwork and engaging with new employees and acting as a first line resource to staff.
Other: performs various other duties as assigned including support for special projects.
We are interested in meeting you if you have:
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; CHRP designation or Human Resources experience is considered an asset
• Five years experience in a senior level administrative position
• Advanced PC skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment where flexibility, keeping others informed and anticipating needs is essential
• Solid relationship building skills and the ability to interact professionally and confidently with various internal and external parties
• Expert level written and oral communication skills; bilingualism is considered an asset
• High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
We’ll want to hear from you if you have:
• An established track record of supporting a high performance team including the ability to play a leadership role on projects and assignments
• Proven ability to be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast paced environment and successfully manage multiple priorities
• A resourceful, open minded, inquisitive attitude with a sense of humour
• Strong independent judgment skills