Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Vice President, Multi-Family Residential will have full P&L responsibility. He/she will lead a national team of approximately 200 employees and will be fully accountable for the strategic direction and growth of GWLRA’s Multi-Family Residential division, including the wholly owned property management subsidiary, Vertica Resident Services.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and execute the strategic plan, annual business plan and budget for the multi-family asset class; Annual business plans and budgets would be influenced by strategic considerations, client objectives and market dynamics
• Be a key advisor for clients in the multi-family asset class and participate in client meetings and their strategic planning sessions as required
• Mentor and develop leaders within the multi-family team
• Support the Investments and Development Teams, by identifying, sourcing and assisting with the due diligence of new multi-family investment opportunities in either new development or creating value add with existing product
• Prepare Investment Committee submissions and Board summaries
• Constantly monitor market information with respect to the residential market demands in North America and work to incorporate the best of these ideas into business and development plans; an understanding of real estate in a mixed use context would also be valuable.
• Maintain a strong network with industry professionals
• In addition to specific functional responsibilities, the candidate will play a key role as part of GWLRA’s Executive Leadership team establishing and implementing corporate goals and strategies
Year One Critical Success Factors will include the following:
• Evaluated and implemented the appropriate changes to the existing business model to ensure a dynamic, forward looking growth strategy for multi-family residential
• Raised the profile of the multi-family residential segment internally and outside of GWLRA
• Developed and sustained strong client relationships
• Established him/herself as an effective and valued member of the executive team
• Bachelors or Masters (desirable) degree in Business Administration or related area; or relevant experience
• 15 plus years of experience in multi-family and/or commercial asset investment and/or development in Canada.
• Previous P&L responsibilities of a comparable business unit/division.
• Broad background in asset management, property management, investment/acquisitions, development and operations including knowledge of joint venture models preferred.
• Experience in successfully achieving high-growth objectives.
• Previous experience as a member of an executive or senior management team.
• Exceptional leadership and people management skills and demonstrated respect from peers, clients and competitors.
• Experience leading major change initiatives within an organization.
• Service industry experience is an asset.
• Exposure to the US multi-family market is an asset.
• Condo or multi-family development experience is an asset.