Reporting to the, Senior Director, Asset Management, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Director, Asset Management, located in downtown Toronto. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Director in overseeing asset management responsibilities for the Financial Core Office Portfolio.
• Maximize the value of each asset in the portfolio on behalf of bcIMC
• Be a key player in the ongoing development of asset management strategies for the portfolio
• Spearhead the internal and external (appraisal) valuation process, including review of market assumptions, investment metrics, and report results as required
• Support leasing efforts through analysis of transactions, including their impact on investment returns, valuation and all legal issues
• Review and analyze all capital expenditure programs, and work closely with property management, development and technical services in this regard
• Perform buy/hold/sell analysis
• Spearhead and work closely with other departments in developing and completing overall property budgets for revenues, expenses and capital expenditures and deliver on projected investment returns and exceed where possible
• Anticipate future market conditions and make appropriate decisions
• Foster and maintain strong relationships with tenants, the real estate brokerage community, appraisers, legal professionals and the real estate community at large
• Effectively manage risk (title, environmental, legal, tenant covenant, etc.)
• Assist in identifying growth opportunities (new developments, acquisitions)
• Provide leadership across all departments, and mentor team members
• Support Investments team
• Liaise with owners as required
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or other related discipline (finance, economics, real estate, and accounting, as examples); MBA and/or CFA designation are beneficial.
• Minimum of eight years progressive real estate experience with exposure to asset management, leasing, property management, development and investments, preferably in an office portfolio
• Highly developed and advanced financial skills. The ideal candidate brings a keen understanding of financial analysis relating to real estate valuations and investment, covenant analysis, capital programs, lease transactions, and can work independently in these areas.
• Highly developed and advanced oral and written communication skills; Solid skills in making presentations and facilitating meetings both internally and with clients
• Appreciation of leasing and investment market dynamics and activities
• Advanced abilities with DYNA, ARGUS
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Team player