Reporting to the Senior Building Operator, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Senior Building Operator at First Canadian Centre in Calgary, Alberta. The primary objective of the Building Operator is to ensure that the building is being managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to the highest level of operational efficiency.
· Review, monitor and inspect all building functions including mechanical and electrical areas and provide direction to trades in maintaining first class standards of building operations and services. Tasks include decisions for various operational modes, equipment logs, inspections, chemical tests, filter changes and temperature concerns
· Provide quotations and recommendations, regular visits and prompt service to building tenants to ensure satisfactory and problem resolution. Order supplies and services based on pre-authorized levels of approval
· Responsible for the efficient, effective and successful control of all equipment, maintenance and repair building structures and property in accordance with approved practices, procedures and financial limitations
· Implementation of WHMIS, Health & Safety programs, Riskcheck items and departmental directives
· Provide standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and attend after hour building emergencies
· Direct and supervise repairs to the building and its equipment
· Involved in energy management practices for lighting and HVAC and seek to identify areas for improvement
· Perform chemical tests on building water systems - includes chilled water back up, as well as base building heating systems.
· Conduct final inspections on all construction to ensure deficiencies are corrected, space conforms to codes, ensure that the space has been built as per the drawings and provide a completed and detailed report
· Prepare and submit reports based on operations
· Complete other duties as may be required.
· Knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, DDC BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems
· 4th Class Building Operator Certificate is preferred or Building Operator “A” Certificate
· Minimum of two years experience in a similar role
· Mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills
· Exceptional communication, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
· Willingness to advance knowledge and experience through educational study
· Pride in workmanship and ownership of property