Reporting to the Property Manager, the successful candidate will fill the full-time position of Site Supervisor Security & Safety at Stock Exchange Tower in Calgary, Alberta. The primary responsibility of this position is to manage all daily operations of security and life safety, including supervision, inquiries and emergency response at Stock Exchange Tower in accordance to GWL Realty Advisor’s commitment to our tenants. Further, the position is to provide leadership, guidance and direction for security staff, tenants and contractors within the building.
GWLRA is looking for dedicated security professional with evidence of an ongoing commitment to meeting internal and external customer’s needs.
• Monitor on a continual basis tenant and customer satisfaction and attitudes toward security and safety. Fulfill tenant contractual agreements for security and safety by establishing a rapport with Tenants, Contractors and the Public. Actively seeks solutions to problems or concerns
• Supervise security staff and ensure GWLRA standards are complied with in daily operations of the security department including:
o Staff report writing to ensure proper recording of events is taking place.
o Follow up on major incident reports (i.e. Thefts, fire alarms etc.).
o Establish training schedules for the shifts in the building to ensure staff are familiar with and comfortable with:
Emergency Action Plan procedures,
Standard Operating Procedures,
o Ensure all access permits are reviewed for accuracy before being stamped and approved and put into circulation.
o Ensure all communiqués are being forwarded to the staff and that they are read and understood.
• Investigate and solve minor access control, CCTV, and other identified security systems problems.
• Oversee control of the building life safety systems. (I.e. access control, fire alarms, monitoring systems, etc.)
• Working with the Property Manager and Operations Manager be familiar with, participate and monitor a yearly Operational and Capital expenditure budget and participate in building wide capital projects from the planning stages forward (i.e. CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarms, etc.) when called upon
• Review all departmental reports and review for accuracy before forwarding to the Property Manager
• When required, conduct security assessments of the properties and submit written reports
• Liaise with tenant contact personnel on Fire Warden training, security audits and attend tenant security & life safety meetings
• Liaise with external agencies. (i.e. Police / Fire / Medical and Security officials) when required.
• Provide training and guidance to Sr. Officers and contract staff where applicable
• Responsible for emergency management including co-ordinating response in a variety of potential emergency situations
• Co-ordinate departmental activities and incident resolution with the appropriate member of staff to ensure an effective and efficient conclusion
• Maintain effective workforce during periods of turnover and staffing shortages and verify contract billing hours
• Maintain a professional, courteous and customer service oriented attitude
• Responsible for ensuring the First Impressions inspections program is being administered
• Generates purchase orders to facilitate accurate and timely billing to tenants and contractors
• Provide Fire Warden training as per Alberta Fire code requirements
• Interview prospective in-house and contract security staff
• Expected to be on call to assist should an emergency arise that requires additional resources or knowledge
• Other duties as assigned
• Must hold a valid Alberta Security License
• Recognized post secondary education such as a Security Management Certificate, Certified Security Supervisor, etc
• Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience in the Security and Life Safety and Loss Control Prevention Industry
• Excellent interpersonal and English verbal and written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving
• Ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Knowledge and experience with access systems / electronics / CCTV / Fire Safety Equipment/Systems and related procedures
• Experience with physical security and managing a uniformed security officer department
• Demonstrated customer service and time management skills
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Card Access Systems, Angus)
• People management skills focusing on on-going development of personnel
• Ability to prioritize job functions under stressful circumstances
• Excellent report writing and note taking skills
• Must be able to work in both a team environment and independently when circumstances call
• Delegation/supervision of work/duties to ensure work projects are completed on time
• Familiarity with Occupational Life & Safety legislation.
• Professional and self motivated
• Certified in First Aid, CPR, AED and WHMIS trained
• Membership in a professional security association is preferred